Used Car Lemons
Our Lemon Law Attorneys Serve Sherman Oaks & The San Fernando Valley
If you purchased a used car with a warranty, then it may be covered under California Lemon Law. Many people only believe that new cars are covered and end up losing their right to compensation as a result.
Many intricate details go into these cases, and it is highly recommended that you speak with a Sherman Oaks Lemon Law attorney about your used vehicle. At California Lemon Lawyers, APC, our California used car lemon attorneys offer free case evaluations where you can consult with our knowledgeable attorneys one on one.
Why Choose California Lemon Lawyers, APC?
- You’ll have more than 10 years of experience on your side
- We’ve handled hundreds of cases
- We have recovered more than $10 million for our clients
- We keep you in the loop throughout your case
- We respond within 24 hours
- Our team is extremely knowledgeable in California Lemon Law
- Our firm focuses on the client-attorney relationship
California's Lemon Law, officially known as the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, provides safeguarding measures for consumers who have purchased or leased a used vehicle that turns out to be defective. But, can a used car be a lemon? Many are under the misconception that the law only applies to new cars, but this isn't the case. It also applies to used cars, as long as they are still under a manufacturer's warranty. By incorporating used cars, the law grants more comprehensive rights to consumers, enabling them to claim compensation or replacement if their vehicle is found to be a "lemon".
California Lemon Law Requirements for Used Cars
To be considered a "lemon" under California's Lemon Law, a used car must meet the following criteria:
- The vehicle must have a substantial defect that is covered by the warranty and was discovered within a specified period after purchase.
- The defect must impair the use, value, or safety of the vehicle.
- The defect remains unresolved after a reasonable number of attempts at repair by the manufacturer or its authorized dealer. In California, the number of attempts is not specified but at least two attempts is minimum.
- If the vehicle has been out of service for more than a cumulative total of 30 days due to warranty repairs, it may also qualify as a lemon.
“Extremely happy with the service I received.” - Juan G.
“California Lemon Law Lawyers are the BEST!!!” - Lusine A.
“Very professional, easy to deal with. 100% recommend this company.” - Maya M.
About Coverage Under Warranties
A warranty is an important distinction to be aware of with used vehicle cases since the consumer rights law does not extend to your vehicle without it. There are two warranties to be aware of and the first is the manufacturer’s warranty.
What Is a Manufacturer’s Warranty?
If you purchased your vehicle before it was three years old or had 36,000 miles on it, then the manufacturer’s warranty could still cover it. If the purchase was made after that time, the dealer may have given an additional dealer’s warranty, which could still be covered under Lemon Law in California.
What Is a Dealer's Warranty?
A dealers’ warranty usually covers a car for a shorter time, typically one to three months. Extended warranties are excluded from Lemon Law, but some cases may be an exception. The best way to determine this is by speaking with a legal professional. Our Sherman Oaks used lemon lawyers team highly values the client/attorney relationship and can assist you in pursuing a complete refund or replacement of your vehicle.
When purchasing a used car in the state of California, it is required that any car that costs equal to or less than $40,000 be accompanied by an offer to purchase a two-day cancellation.
If you decide within those two days after purchasing your car that you want to return it, you may do so as long as:
- There are no liens or tickets associated with the car by your doing
- There are no additional miles put on the car than what is included in the contract
- All original paperwork is returned
- The car is in the same condition as when it was purchased
Benefits of Working With Our Firm
Our team is extremely knowledgeable in California Lemon Law and is here to help you! We understand how exhausting and frustrating it can be to deal with a vehicle that turns out to be a lemon. Our experienced team will walk you step by step through the legal process. You can rest assured your case is in good hands when you turn to California Lemon Lawyers, APC.
Find out if you have a claim by calling (818) 960-1945 or contacting us online and speaking with a qualified used car lemon law lawyer in California. Servicing Valencia, Sylmar, Los Angeles, and all of CA.