Used Car Lemons
Call Our Lemon Law Attorneys in Sherman Oaks & the San Fernando Valley
If you purchased a used car with a warranty, then it may be covered under California Lemon Law. Many people only believe that new cars are covered and end up losing their right to compensation as a result. There are many intricate details that go into these cases, and it is highly recommended that you speak with a Sherman Oaks Lemon Law attorney about your used vehicle. At California Lemon Lawyers, APC, We offer free case evaluations where you can consult with our knowledgeable attorneys one on one.
Some of the benefits of working with our qualified firm include:
- You’ll have more than 10 years of experience on your side
- We’ve handled hundreds of cases
- We have recovered more than $10 million for our clients
- We keep you in the loop throughout your case
- We respond within 24 hours
- Our team is extremely knowledgeable in California Lemon Law
- Our firm focuses on the client-attorney relationship
Coverage Under Warranties
A warranty is an important distinction to be aware of with used vehicle cases since without it the consumer rights law does not extend to your vehicle. There are two warranties to be aware of and the first is the manufacturer’s warranty. If you purchased your vehicle before it was three years old or had 36,000 miles on it, then the manufacturer’s warranty could still cover it. If the purchase was made after that time, then the dealer may have given an additional dealers’ warranty which could still be covered under Lemon Law in California. A dealers’ warranty usually covers a car for a shorter period of time, which is typically one to three months.
Extended warranties are excluded from Lemon Law, but there are some cases that may be an exception. The best way to determine this is by speaking with a legal professional. Our Sherman Oaks lemon lawyers team highly values the client/attorney relationship and can assist you in pursuing a complete refund or replacement of your vehicle.
Can You Return a Used Car in California?
When purchasing a used car in the state of California, it is required that any car that costs equal to or less than $40,000 be accompanied by an offer to purchase a two-day cancellation. If you decide within those two days after purchasing your car that you want to return it, you may do so as long as:
- There are no liens or tickets associated with the car by your doing
- There are no additional miles put on the car than what is included in the contract
- All original paperwork is returned
- The car is in the same condition as when it was purchased
Find out if you have a claim by calling (818) 960-1945 or contacting us online and speaking with a qualified lemon law lawyer in California.